- Indigenous Population and Industrial Development of the Arctic: Impact Assessment and Sustainable Development Strategies", "Co-management of Ecological Systems" and "Economic and Social Geography of the Arctic" (in English) for the Russian-German Master's Program "Polar and Marine Research (POMOR)"
- "Geography of Traditional Nature Management Systems" and "Dynamics of Cultural Landscapes" (for the master's program "Ethnological Expertise" at the Institute of History, SPbSU)
- "Ethnic Geography" (for Bachelor's program at IES SPbSU)
- Section "Arctic" in the course "Regions of the World" (for Master's program at IES SPbSU)
- "Development of Problem Territories in Eurasia" (for Master's program at IES SPbSU)
PositionProfessor, Department of Regional Policy & Political Geography
Phone: 8 (812) 323-58-15
Education, scientific degrees and titles
- M.S., Geography, M.V.Lomonosov Moscow State University, 1974
- Associated Professor, Economics and Planning, 1987
- Dr in Geography, 1999.
- 1994- Present, Professor of Department of Regional Politics, Institute of Earth Sciences, St.-Petersburg State University
- 1983-1994 Department of Northern Development, North-West Research Institute of Agriculture Economics, St.-Petersburg-Pushkin; Associated Professor, Economics and Planning, 1987
- 1977-1983 Department of the North, Institute of Nature Conservation and Reserves, Moscow
Research interestsEthnic geography and ethnic ecology of indigenous peoples of the North, traditional nature management, ethnodemography, issues of sustainable development of Northern regions of Russia, rational use of biological resources of the North, Social (ethnoecological) impact assessment
- Klokov K.B. Ethno-cultural landscape of the Chukchi village of Meynypilgyno // Siberian Historical Studies. 2021. № 4. - С. 37-54.
- Klokov K.B. Divergent trends in traditional reindeer breeding of the peoples of Siberia and the Arctic. In book Energy in the Arctic and Siberia: the use of resources in the context of socio-economic changes / Ed. by V.N. Davydov - Moscow: Izdatelstvo vost. let. litt., 2020. - С. 49-86.
- Klokov K. B. Between the State and the Market: Informal Nature Management Practices in Siberian Villages // Ethnography. 2020.- № 1 (7). - 142-165.
- Klokov K.B., Mikhailov V.V. Assessment of Climatic Conditions for Siberian Reindeer Herding on the Basis of Heat Balance Modelling // ARCTIC. 2019. Vol. 72, № 1. - С. 28-42.
- Klokov K. Reindeer herders' communities of the Siberian taiga in changing social contexts//Sibirica. 2016. Т. 15. № 1. С. 81-101.
- Schmidt J.I., Aanesen M., Hausner V.H., Klokov K.B., Khrutschev S. Demographic and economic disparities among Arctic regions // Polar Geography. 2015. Т. 38. № 4. С. 251-270.
- Makeev V.M., Klokov K.B., Kolpashchikov L.A., Mikhailov V.V. The northern reindeer in a changing climate. St. Petersburg: Lemma, 2014. 244 с.
- Klokov K.B. Interaction of Ethnic Fields in the Geographical Space of the Russian North: Towards the Development of L.N. Gumilev's Ideas on the Ethnic Field // Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University: special issue for the 100th anniversary of L.N. Gumilev. - 2012. - С. 40-50.
- Klokov K.B. Modern state of reindeer herders and reindeer breeding in Russia. In the book "The North and the Northmen. Sovremennoe sostoyanie korennukh malochislennykh narodov Severa, Sibiri i Dal'nego Vostoka Rossii. Moscow: IEA RAS publication. 2012. Pp. 38-51.
- Klokov, K.B. The Sustaining Landscape and the Arctic Fox Trade in the European North of Russia 1926-1927. In. D. Anderson (ed). The 1926/27 Soviet Polar Census Expeditions. Oxford: Berghahn Books. 2011. Pp. 155-179.
The Head of Current Research Fundings
- Russian Science Foundation grant № 22-28-00665 “Ethnocultural Landscapes of Reindeer Herding Peoples of Russia: Structure and Spatial Contexts”
Other professional activities
- Chief Scientist, part-time at Peter the Great Museum of Ethnography and Anthropology (Kunstkamera), Russian Academy of Sciences