- Environmental safety and nature management in the Russian Arctic
- Biology and geoecology of polar regions
- Natural resource potential of Russia
- Physical and chemical methods in geoecology
- Resources Science
- Soil Ecology
- Methods of Physicochemical Analysis of Soils and Plants
- Field Ecological Research
- Special field practice
- Environmental regulation of soils and landscapes
- International environmental standards
PositionAssociated professor, Department of Geo-Ecology
Phone: (812) 323-85-52
Education, scientific degrees and titles
- 1989–1994, St Petersburg State University (specialist, specialty Environmental Protection and Rational Use of Natural Resources qualification Environmental geographer)
- 1994–1999, Graduate School in Geographical Sciences Saint Petersburg University
- 1999, PhD in Geographic sciences, St. Petersburg University
- 1999–2001, Research engineer, Research Institute of Geography, St. Petersburg University
- 2001–2008, Senior Lecturer, Department of Geo-Ecology & Environmental Management, Faculty of Geography and Geoecology, St. Petersburg University
- 2008 to present, Associate professor, Department of Geo-Ecology & Environmental Management, Institute of Earth Sciences, St. Petersburg University
Research interestsGeoecology and nature management; Soil ecology; Environmental monitoring; Biogeochemistry; Study of soils in different regions under the influence of anthropogenic load; Sustainable development of natural resources; assessment of the ecological state of the environment under conditions of varying degrees of intensity and type of anthropogenic load
- Opekunova M.G., Arestova I.Yu, Elsukova E.Yu., Sheynerman N.A. Methods of physical-chemical analysis of soils and plants: Laboratory manual. – SPb.: SPBSU Publishing House, 2015. 78 р. (in English)
- Elsukova, Ekaterina ; Lebedeva, Maria ; Gadzhieva, Elena ; Morozova, Olga. / The impact of urban environmental factors on human health/International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, SGEM. 2017 ; Vol. 17, Issue 52., 1005-1010 pp. (in English)
- Elsukova, Ekaterina ; Lebedeva, Maria ; Olifir, Denis., Korshunov, Michail. / The status and the problems of the forest resource usage (on the example on the Leningrad region) / International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, SGEM. 2017 ; Vol. 17, Issue 33, 665-670 pp. (in English)
- Elsukova, Ekaterina ; Opekunova, Marina ; Arestova, Irina ; Kukushkin, Stepan. / Ecological monitoring of special protected areas by the example of Kostomuksha nature reserve. в: International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, SGEM. 2017 ; Vol. 17, Issue 32, 805-812 рр. (in English)
- Elsukova, Ekaterina ; Opekunova, Marina ; Opekunov, Anatolii ; Kukushkin, Stepan. / Technogenic transformation of heavy metal streams in the soils of the kola peninsula. в: International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference Surveying Geology and Mining Ecology Management, SGEM. 2018 ; Vol. 18, Section: 13. 511-518 pp. (in English)
- Opekunova, Marina ; Opekunov, Anatoly ; Elsukova, Ekaterina ; Kukushkin, Stepan ; Janson, Svetlana / Comparative analysis of methods for air pollution assessing in the Arctic mining area. Журнал: Atmospheric Pollution Research. 26 Aug 2020. (in English)
Тhe Head and Participant of Current Research Fundings
- RGS-RFBR «Development of innovative solutions for the optimization and unification of environmental monitoring of oil and gas fields in the northern regions of Russia» 2017-2019.
- RFBR «Biogeochemical indicators of the technogenic transformation in the landscapes» 2018-2020.
- Long-term educational and scientific Joint Russian-Norwegian projects: Grant from the Norwegian Center for International Cooperation in Higher Education (SIU) Geoecological Monitoring Projects (International Russian-Norwegian project 2007-2011) and «NOR-RUSS Environment» (International Russian-Norwegian project 2012-2017)
- Committee for Nature Management, Environmental Protection and Environmental Safety. «Comprehensive environmental survey of water bodies of St. Petersburg» 2018-2019.
- UAS 2018: Participation in the «Senior Research Stay» program within the framework of the joint project «University Alliance for Sustainable Development» (St. Petersburg State University, Free University of Berlin).
- Ecological Management of the soil resources sustainable development: assessment of the soil degradation by the impact of the various industrial activities and its elimination in the terms of legislation and standards peculiarities of the soil protection in Russia and Germany. 2019. (St. Petersburg State University, Free University of Berlin).
- Joint Russian-German project: «Assessing the toxicity and the methods of cleaning up soil pollutions within the technogenic landscapes». 2020. (St. Petersburg State University, Free University of Berlin).
- Scientific project. RFBR Grant Post-graduate student. «Geoecological assessment of the impact of phosphogypsum dumps on the environment and the development of optimal ways of their reclamation». 2020-2022, leader.
Other professional activities
Elsukova E.Yu. studied at advanced training courses: «Geoinformation mapping by means of Arc GIS» (Institute of Earth Sciences, St. Petersburg University, 2014); «Organization of ecological tourism in national parks (on the example of Finland)» (General Forestry Administration of Finland (Metsähallitus), 2018); «English for teachers of special disciplines in universities» (Faculty of Philology, St. Petersburg University, 2020). Has certificates: Auditor - ecologist; Expert in certification of environmental management systems in accordance with the requirements of international standards ISO 14000 and ISO 19011. She is reviewing articles in scientific journals, including Elsevier, Master's and PhD theses.