- Introduction to waves
- Waves in the ocean
- Dangerous and catastrophic phenomena in the ocean
- Physical oceanography
PositionProfessor, Department of Oceanology
Education, scientific degrees and titles
Graduated from the Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Control Processes of Saint Petersburg University, Department of higher mathematics in 1979, diploma of a mathematician,
"Large-Scale Variability of Sea Level of the North-West Pacific based on satellite altimetry»
Research interestsPhysical Oceanography, Rossby waves, mesoscale eddies, altimetry, Lofoten vortex, sea level variability, vortex dynamics
- Belonenko T.V., Bashmachnikov I.L., Kubryakov A.A. Horizontal advection of temperature and salinity by Rossby waves in the North Pacific. International Journal of Remote Sensing. 2018. Vol. 39. Issue 8. P. 2177-2188. https://doi.org/10.1080/01431161.2017.1420932.
- Belonenko T.V., Bashmachnikov I. L., Koldunov A.V., Kuibin P.A. On the Vertical Velocity Component in the Mesoscale Lofoten Vortex of the Norwegian Sea. Izvestiya, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, 2017, Vol. 53, No. 6, pp. 641–649. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0001433817060032.
- Bashmachnikov I., Sokolovskiy M.A., Belonenko T.V., Volkov D.L., Isachsen P.E., Carton X. On the vertical structure and stability of the Lofoten vortex in the Norwegian Sea, Deep-Sea Research Part I, 128, (2017), 1–27. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dsr.2017.08.001.
- Belonenko T.V, Kubrjakov A.A., Stanichny S.V. Spectral Characteristics of Rossby Waves in the Northwestern Pacific based on Satellite Altimetry. Izvestiya, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, 2016, Volume 52, Issue 9, pp 920–928. DOI: 10.1134/S0001433816090073.
- Naumov L., Gordeeva S., Belonenko T. Quality assessment of a satellite altimetry data product DT18 in the Norwegian Sea: a comparison to tide gauge records and drifters data. Advances in Space Research. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2019.09.029.
The Head of Current Research Fundings
- 2018-2020. Russian Science Foundation, No 18-17-00027 «Eddy dynamics in the Lofoten Basin and its role in the transfer of thermohaline water properties in the Norwegian Sea»
- 2020-2022. Russian Foundetion of Basic Research, No 20-05-00066 «Characteristics of Rossby waves in jet streams using remote sensing data»
Awards and Honors
- 2007 Diploma and Ministry award "For the best research and development work" by the ROSHYDROMET
- 2012 Certificate of Honor "For the Scientific Research" of the St. Petersburg State University
- 2014 Certificate of Honor of the St. Petersburg State University with the University Prize “For Fundamental Achievements in Science”
Other professional activities
- The Member of the Scientific Council of the St. Petersburg Department of the P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of Russian Academy of Sciences
- The Member of the Editorial Board of the journal "Fundamentalnaya i prikladnaya gidrofizika"