- Physico-chemical modeling of geological processes;
- Thermodynamics of minerals and materials;
- Physico-chemical mineralogy;
- Chemistry of mineral systems
PositionProfessor, Department of Mineralogy
Phone: (812) 328-94-81
Education, scientific degrees and titles
- 1969 Diploma in Mineralogy, Leningrad State University
- 1973 Candidate of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, Leningrad State University: “Mineralogical and geochemical features of the Belorechensk barite deposit" (supervisor: Prof. A. A. Kukharenko).
- 1990 Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences, Leningrad State University “Mineralogy of pre-pegmatite metasomatites and physico-chemical model of ore genesis in a pegmatite-forming system”.
- 1983 Associated Professor
- 1993 Full Professor
Research interestsMineralogy, geochemistry, physico-chemical mineralogy, chemistry of mineral systems
- The concept of mineral systems and its application to the study of mineral diversity and evolution // European Journal of Mineralogy, 2018. Vol. 30(2). P. 219-230. (co-authored: M.V. Charykova & S.V.Krivovichev).
- Mineralogical Glossary. St.-Petersburg, St.-Petersburg University Publishing. 2008.556 р..
- Geochemical model of the formation of rare-metal granite pegmatites // International Geology Review. 1989. Vol. 31(11). P. 1123-1133.
- Mineral parageneses and analysis of mineral equilibria in rare alkali-metal metasomatic rocks of pegmatite fields // International Geology Review. 1988. Vol. 30(1). P. 71-82.
- Physical and chemical conditions of some low-temperature hydrothermal deposits’s formation // Zapiski VMO. 1975. Vol.. 104(4). P. 377-388 (In Russian).
The Head of Current Research Fundings
- 2019-2020, RFBR 19-15-50054 «Mineral systems based on the number of species-defining chemical elements in minerals: their diversity, complexity, distribution, and mineral evolution of earth’s crust»
- 2019-2020, St. Petersburg State University, Publication of the monograph "Mineral species".
Awards and honors
- 1997 Laureate of the Russian President's award in the field of education, decree of the President of the Russian Federation (RF)
- 1999 Honored worker of higher education of the RF, Decree of the President of the RF
- 2003 Laureate of the University Award "For Pedagogical Mastery", Academic Council of SPBU
- 2006 Honorable diploma, State Committee of the Russian Federation for Higher Education
- 2010 Honorary member of the Russian Mineralogical Society (RMS), XI RMS Congress
- 2013 Honorary Professor of Saint Petersburg state University (SPbU), Academic Council of SPbU
- 2014 Order of Friendship, Decree of the President of the Russian Federation
Other professional activities
- Member of the Presidium of the Russian Mineralogical Society
- Chairman, Russian National Commission on New Minerals and Minerals Names..
- Member, Commission on New Minerals and Minerals Names of International Mineralogical Association..
- Член редколлегий журналов «Записки Российского минералогического общества» и «Минералогия»
- Member of the editorial boards of the journals: «Zapiski Rossiiskogo Mineralogicheskogo obtschestva (Proceedings of the Russian mineralogical society» and «Mineralogy»