- Introduction to Oceanology.
- Physical Oceanology
- Wind waves
- Sea Waves (in English)
- Numerical hydrological weather forecasts (Wind waves)
PositionProfessor, Department of Oceanology
Phone: (812) 328-07-09
Education, scientific degrees and titles
- 1963 Leningrad State University. Oceanology
- 1973 Candidate of sciences. Mathematics «Statistical analysis of wind waves»
- 1976 Senior Scientist
- 1988 Doctor of Science. Geography. «Wave climate of Seas and Oceans, Multiscale variability including»
- 2004 Professor
Research interestsWind waves, wave climate, Stochastic simulation
- Evaluation of the highest waves in a storm./ Marine Meteorology and Related Oceanographic Activities/ World Meteorological Organization. Report N 38, WMO/TD -N 858, 1998, 19p.
- Estimation of extreme wind wave heights.// World Meteorological Organisation (WMO). WMO/TD-No. 1041, 2000, JCOMM Technical Report, 71p.
- Extreme and freak waves. Results of measurements and simulation. Proceeding of ASME. 27th Internatinal Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering OMAE 2008. June 15-20. 2008, Estotril Portugal. Paper OMAE2008-57841.
- New generation of wind and wave climate handbooks — guide to naval architect and for offshore activity. Marine Technology and Engineering, C. Guedes Soares et al. (Eds), Taylor and Francis, 2011, pp 35-44.
- Spectral wave climate of the North Sea. Applied Ocean Research. 2007. N.29. P.146-154.
- Climatic Spectra of Wind Waves Including Extreme Situations. Oceanology, 2013, Vol. 53, No. 3, pp. 269–276.
- Bolivar: Similation engine for multivariate extreme analysis of metocean events. (2014) International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference.
- Extreme wave spectra in the new generation handbooks on wind and wave climate. (2014) International Multidisciplinary Scientific GeoConference.
- Wind wave spectra peakedness and its statistics based on hindcasting.// Fundamentalnaya i Prikladnaya Gidrofisika. 2018, 11, 2, p. 9-16. doi: 10.7868/S2073667318040020
Awards and honors
- Honored scientist of the Russian Federation
Other professional activities
- Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS)/Section “Seaworthiness of ships”
- Russian River Register/ Hull of ships section