- Information Sources in Economic and Social Geography
- Theory of Economic Zoning
- Problems of Border Regions Development
- Management of Scientific Projects
- Regional Consulting: Methods and Techniques
PositionAssociate Professor, Department of Economic & Social Geography
Phone: (812) 363-62-02
Education, scientific degrees and titles
- 2007, Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Geography and Geoecology, Department of Regional Policy and Political Geography, Bachelor’s Degree
- 2009, Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Geography and Geoecology, Department of Regional Policy and Political Geography, Master’s Degree
- 2013, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Faculty of Geography, Department of Economic and Social Geography of Russia, PhD in Human Geography
Research interestsBorders and border regions, integration processes in the post-Soviet space, geography of agriculture and food production
- Morachevskaya, K., Karpenko, M., Sebentsov, A. (2022) Border divergence or convergence in the context of integration: A case study of the Russian-Belarusian and Russian-Kazakhstan borderlands. Hungarian Geographical Bulletin, 71(1), 39–53.
- Morachevskaya, K.A., Lyzhina, E.A. (2021) Are the Food Embargo and Import Substitution Changing Regional Production? A Case Study of Leningrad Oblast. Regional Research of Russia, 11(4), 502–512.
- Aksenov, K.E., Zinovyev, A.S., Morachevskaya, K.A. (2020) The Role of Retail in the Transformation of the Microdistrict Organization of the Urban Environment. Regional Research of Russia, 10(2), 235–246.
- Morachevskaya, K.A., Zinovyev, A.S., Krasnov, A.I., Krasnova, M.V. (2020) Dynamics of the territorial structure of dairy sector in the Russian-belarusian borderland during the 2010-s. Vestnik Moskovskogo Universiteta, Seriya 5: Geografiya, 3, 63–72.
- Kolosov, V., Morachevskaya, K. (2020) The Role of an Open Border in the Development of Peripheral Border Regions: The Case of Russian-Belarusian Borderland. Journal of Borderlands Studies. ePublication. Doi: 10.1080/08865655.2020.1806095
- Zinovyev, A. S., Morachevskaya, K. A. (2019). Structure of Current Studies in Human Geography in Foreign Countries (Following the Materials of the Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers). Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 5, Geografiya, 2, 108-111. (In Russ.)
- Kolossov, V. A., Vendina, O. I., Zotova, M. V., Sebentsov, A. B., Grizenko, A. A., Morachevskaya, K. A., et al. (2018). Russian borderland: challenges of the neughbourhood. Moscow. 562 p. (In Russ.)
- Morachevskaya, K. A., Shavel’, A. N. & Zinovyev, A. S. (2018). Structural Shifts in the Foreign Trade of Border Regions of Russia and Belarus in the Context of Political and Economic Challenges of the 2010s. Reg. Res. Russ., 8, 269–280.
- Axenov, K., Morachevskaya, K., Zinovyev, A., Krupickaite, D. (2018). Retail Sprawl in Post-Soviet Urban Residential Communities: Case Studies of Saint-Petersburg and Vilnius. Moravian Geographical Reports, 26:3, 210-219.
- Morachevskaya, K. A., Dovgalyuk, M. V., Zinovyev, A. S., Krasnov, A. I. (2018). Adaptation of the dairy sector in the regions of the Russian-Belarusian borderland to the political and economic changes of the 2010s. Regionalnye Issledovaniya, 4:58, 115-125. (In Russ.)
The Head of Current Research Fundings
- 2020-2022, RFBR, “Adaptation of local food markets in the western borderland of Russia to geopolitical challenges”
Awards and honors
- Baltic University Programme Annual Award for the Best PhD Thesis in 2013
Other professional activities
- Executive Editor, Vestnik SPbU. Earth Sciences
- Editorial Board Member, Regional Research of Russia