PositionProfessor, Head of the Department of Physical Geography & Landscape Design
Education, scientific degrees and titles
- Professor, SPbSU, 2002
- Senior doctorate in geography, SPbSU, 2001
- Associate Professor, SPbSU, 1994
- Assistant Professor, Leningrad State University, 1988
- Doctorate in geography, Leningrad State University, 1988
- Doctoral student, Leningrad State University, 1988
- First degree in geography, Leningrad State University, 1985
Research interestsProblems of historical geography, landscape dynamics and paleogeography in the mountains of the Altai, Sayan and Inner Asia, the Caucasus: mountain glaciers, lakes, permafrost and ground ice, dendrochronology, the processes of desertification. Field studies and monitoring observations in the mountains and polar regions. Modeling of reactions of landscapes to climate changes and human impacts.
more than 120 (mostly in Russian)
- Chistyakov K.V., Ganyushkin D.A., Moskalenko I.G., Dullo W.-C. THE GLACIER COMPLEXES OF THE MOUNTAIN MASSIFS OF THE NORTH-WEST OF INNER ASIA AND THEIR DYNAMICS // GEOGRAPHY, ENVIRONMENT, SUSTAINABILITY. 2011. No. 02 [v. 04] P.4-21.
Other professional activities
- Vice-president, Russian Geographical Society
- Deputy editor of the journal "Proceedings of the Russian Geographical Society"
- Member of the Bureau of the National Committee of Russian geographers
- Member of the Joint Scientific Council on fundamental geographical problems with the International Association of Academies of Sciences (IAAS)
- Member of the editorial boards of the journals "Geography and natural resources", "Ice and Snow"